Are you tired of feeling under-appreciated at your job?
Do you love what you do but haven’t found the right place to settle down and do the work you are so passionate about?
Are you ready to work with a supportive, collaborative team that prioritizes client care?
Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist/Counselor
Growing private practice specializing in anxiety and trauma seeks a highly skilled, anti-racist licensed or provisionally licensed, Mental Health Professional (Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LSW, LAMFT or LAC) to work on a part-time to full-time, fee for service basis in a collaborative and professional environment.
Brave Minds believes in LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy. We believe Black lives matter and hold a commitment to antiracist practices. Cultural humility is ongoing state of mind we strive to maintain. In addition to inclusion and collaboration, we value empowerment, growth, responsiveness, authenticity, courage and diversity.
- QTPOC applicants strongly encouraged to apply
- Spanish speaking therapists strongly encouraged to apply
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial intakes and individual and family therapy,
- Maintain clinical file including intake summary, documentation and authorizations for collateral contacts
- Be available on
- Monday and Thursday in office
- Two other days per week for virtual work
- Develop community relationships, network and market
- Licensed in the state of NJ to provide mental health services (PsyD, PhD, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LSW, LAMFT or LAC)
- Clinical experience with children and teens
- Have the ability to join well and maintain ongoing relationships with parents, children, and adults while maintaining confidentiality
- Have experience with a variety of diagnosis and crisis situations
- Enjoy working with parents and youth 5 to 19 years old
- Be able to work independently
- Demonstrate cultural humility, awareness and dedication to antiracism
- Experience with trauma specific therapies (TF-CBT, EMDR), exposure therapy, play therapy, parent therapies, and/or family therapies
- Experience with LGBTQIA+ and ethnically diverse populations. Lived experience valued.
- Pay $36-$98.05 per session
- For provisionally licensed therapists, weekly supervision with a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and/or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (We do not currently have a LCSW or LPC who can supervise for licensure purposes.)
- Consultation opportunities with a multidisciplinary peer group (LMFTs and LCSWs)
- Training opportunities
Email resumes to Lisa Weiss, LSW (email@example.com) Practice Manager
- Please put the job title in the subject line.
- Resumes should include license information and number as well as educational and experience background.
- Please include a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, professional goals, interest in Brave Minds, and trainings in trauma.
- Incomplete application will not be considered.
Learn more about us on our Careers page.
Excited to offer Mental Health Therapist job opportunities.
Jobs for Mental Heath Counselors in Union County New Jersey!